Sunday, May 27, 2012

Aging

Aging is such a difficult subject for Americans.  We seem to be obsessed with trying to stop the inevitable.  Everybody's looking for the fountain of youth, so how do we age in faith.  What does it mean to age in faith?

Faith is based in the knowledge that God is the creator and giver of life. Life and age are synonymous.  I think when you anchor your faith in Christ your beliefs strengthen your resolve to appreciate life and not worry about age.

Age is three fold, physically, emotionally, and mentally.  Aging with faith introduces a fourth element, the spiritual.

My faith led me to the New American Bible, Hebrew 11:1-3, which states, " 1.  Faith is confident assurance concerning what we hope for, and conviction about things we do not see.  2.  Because of faith the men of old were approved by God.  3.  Through faith we perceive that the worlds were created by the word of God, and that what is visible came into being through the invisible."

After having said all of the above, I too ponder the inevitable. and smile to think I'm aging as I write about it.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment