Monday, December 12, 2011

The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh

Are you a traveler?  I'm not at all as experienced as I would like, but I do enjoy a good adventure.  Some trips are exciting, some are adventurous, and some are down right unforgettable.  Thus is my trip to Bermuda in November 2009.  Surprisingly, my stay was during the Royal visit to commemorate the 400th Anniversary of the settlement of Bermuda.  Americans don't always appreciate the whole concept of the "British Monarchy," but I can tell you to be in the presence of "Royalty" is pretty surreal and deffinately awesome!  The following is a pictorial of the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh's visit to Bermuda on November 24, 2009.  Enjoy!







December 12, 2011 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this will always be something to think about.I remember at Ms Correcta Scott King funeral Ms Oprah Winfrey was there and I was feet away that was a moment I will never forget and wish that I could meet her under different circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an unforgettable moment.Anybody that knows me no that I love the singer Mr.Luther Vandross well he came in concert and me and six of my cousins went .We had floor seats and when I heard the D.J.introduce him on stage he came down the row where I was standing and I just remember him coming towards me and me screaming from the top of my lungs and crying.My cousin said when she heard somebody screaming she knew that it was me.It's funny now but at the time I was so overwhelmed that I had touched Luther that I couldn't really enjoy the concert.

    ReplyDelete