Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year Resolution

Every end of the year, when the new year approaches, everybody starts to think about their "New Year Resolution."  According to the dictionary resolution means "a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something."  In most cases the person is vowing to make a "notable" change in their behavior.  Studies have indicated that most times the resolve is not victorious because we make impossible demands on ourselves without much preparation.


I have definitely decided to take my time to make a resolution that I need, can appreciate and conquer with success.  For me that is incorporating more exercise into my daily routine.  "Tae Bo" with Billy Blanks is my absolute favorite and I was an advocate at one time, so I resolve to incorporate a routine workout into my daily schedule. 


To date, I perform an eight minute routine first thing in the morning to be increased with my comfort level with the goal to be thirty minutes.  Yeah!  The next step will be to walk around my complex immediately following which will take about fifteen minutes.  Finally, I will do a ten minute floor exercise before bed.

My goal is to have one hour a day dedicated to some type of physical exercise.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Thats good that you have made a dedication as for myself I'm wouldn't call it a New Years resolution and I'm not going to tell anyone what my plans are for this year.One think I will say is that this year I have promised myself more peace in my life.I have found that with me when I'm at peace everything else will fall into place so any drama,negative thoughts or tension among others will not be in my circle.I can say that I have seen the gown that I want for my 50th birthday and I will be getting a couple size to small but I will be wearing it 2013 and wearing it well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that resolution may be an inappropriate word for the new tasks that we set out to achieve each year. Maybe the term "New Years Goal" would be more appropriate. Goals are something that we all should have. Not just in terms of the year either. I am a strong believer that we should have long term goals and short term goals. My goal this year is to quit smoking, I cannot think in terms of the entire year. Smoking is such an addictive habit that I have to take it day by day. Matter of fact hour by hour. I tried to quit last week and went two days without smoking, next time maybe I can go four days, then seven, then fourteen, until I eventually reach my goal of shaking my nicotine dependence.

    ReplyDelete