Thursday, January 17, 2013

Laissezfaire

It is amazing to me how radically my life has changed since my retirement. I have always had a very carefree, laid back approach to life, but now even I think I'm ridiculously "laissezfaire." Time means absolutely nothing to me! I never know what day it is without looking at the calendar and forget about the time. My mornings have become my nights and my nights my mornings. I have always been a night owl so that's not surprising. In fact I was amazed that I was able to work a day job for any length of time.
 
When I think about all the hours I spent cleaning, studying and working during the night I'm surprised there was much time to raise a family, attend college and work during the daylight hours. When did I sleep? What was driving me? Where did that motivation come from? Motivation is the key word.
My mother was my first great motivator. Her encouragement and support transferred into my being self-motivated. Self-motivation is a wonderful tool and a necessary tool for success. Success is a feeling of accomplishment so fulfilling for the human spirit.
One thing I know is when you are happy and fulfilled doing what you love, you can be happy and fulfilled doing nothing. Doing nothing seems like a reward. It's called "laissezfaire" and I'm grateful!
carefree,cartoons,emotions,flowers,frolicking,happy,nature,people,Screen BeansĀ®,seasons,skipping,spring

No comments:

Post a Comment